Friday, April 11, 2008

Something odd happened last night. I woke in the very early hours, well before dawn, conscious that I had been sent again. I seemed to be somewhere dry, and reasonably comfortable, so I settled down to wait for daylight, to see where I'd ended up this time.

In fact, I must have fallen asleep again, because I woke to find Fou-el's son shaking me and indicating that it was time to get up and start work.

I seem to be in exactly the same world. Yet I am sure that I felt a sending. It was certainly what I've felt on the other occasions this has happened while I was awake: the same sense of vertigo, as though I were standing on the edge of a mile-high cliff, followed by bright flashing lights at the back of my eyes. I'm sure it wasn't a dream.

Can I have been sent to the same place and time? Am I stuck here for ever?

Only time, I suppose, will tell.

No comments: