Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Well, Tom got me a job, filling magazines for the Kalashnikovs he and his partner sell. Not too demanding, loading 25 bullets at a time into magazines, but it keeps me indoors, out of sight, in relative warmth, and for that I am grateful.

It gives me time, too, to think.

I believe that I have decided that the aerial (or whatever it is in my spine) connects me with the team back in our world, and it’s that which picks up the signal and sends me off to another world.

My last theory, if I remember right, that this must coincide with future tests – or even working uses of the system.

I now have another theory. Given that it is now, according to this computer site (and, I might add, the locals here) the end of March 2007, then I suspect that what I’ve been experiencing for the last couple of years isn’t the team continuing sending, but the effects of the sendings they were doing in the run-up to the first human test. In other words, when I arrived here earlier this month, that was as a result of a sending of a test animal on that same day in March 2007 in our world.

If only I knew what the time-table of the tests had been, I could confirm my theory – and have some idea when I might be sent again. Unfortunately, neither Tom nor I have any idea when the team were making their earlier tests.

If I’m right – and this is something I’m pinning a lot of hope on – then maybe next year, on the day that we were sent the first time, we’ll arrive at the expected destination. We’ll be three years older, of course, but apart from that, the experiment will have worked.

It is, I will of course report, a complete failure as a system intended to deliver troops and supplies instantaneously on the battlefield, from a depot miles behind the lines. Given that we were sent back three or four years on a sending of about five miles, then using it in action could result in a middle-aged army arriving on the battlefield, possibly without weapons and equipment, having lost them over a period of years spent in one or more other dimensions.

Similarly, food supplies would have perished. Perhaps ammo could be sent that way, if it were packed securely, but as a military system – no, it’s a failure.

Well, I will report that when I get home. I’m determined it will be when, not if.

In the meantime, I’m going to keep my head down, fill magazines, and wait my time out.

No comments: