Friday, February 16, 2007

Well, amazingly, I managed to get myself taken seriously at the BBC - eventually. It took a lot of talking, but finally I got an interview, on camera, this afternoon. It was with their Science Correspondent (a bubbly blonde young lady, not much older than me; Julie something-or-other). I had been hoping for a seriously-suited older man, but still, I’m happy to take what I can get.

Anyway, the interview went quite well. She started off with a bit of a giggle, and I could see she thought I was doing this for a laugh, but by the end I think I’d convinced her that I am serious, and I’m not a nut-case.

She even agreed to meet me for a cup of coffee tomorrow, which I am taking as a very positive step. Having told her practically my entire life history, perhaps she’ll do a bit more of the talking tomorrow.

She said the interview will, depending on other news items, be broadcast tonight. My landlord has a TV set in his living-room; I’ll see if I can persuade him to let me watch it this evening.

Now, though, I need to do something about finding some kind of work, as the credits I’ve earned so far have pretty well all been spent. This may be a problem. I suspect from what I’ve seen that there are very detailed electronic records affecting every part of life here, and of course I’m not in the system. Even my payment card is a bit suspect – it seems to work, but clearly it’s not registered to me.

No comments: