Saturday, April 14, 2007

I nearly deleted the end part of my last posting here, but I decided to leave it in, as it is at least a realistic record of what was happening to me. Obviously the fruit, whatever it was, that I ate caused me to hallucinate. I was completely stoned for about two days - it didn’t feel like that at the time, but that's what the calendar on my wristpad tells me.

I did try nibbling on some leaves, but my tongue and lips started to go numb, and my head started to float away again, so I stopped.

Since then, I’ve just been drinking water, but now I’m terribly weak and light-headed. I have to lie still most of the time - as soon as I move I start seeing stars, and get so dizzy that I have to sit down. I’ve gone past the stage of being hungry.

Unless I find something safe to eat very soon, or I get sent again, then I shall die here.

I’m not sure, to be honest, that my brain is working properly - I’m not what you'd call lucid at the moment - but I’ve got it into my mind that all the plant life here is toxic. That might explain why there are no other living things around - the plants have evolved this defence mechanism to avoid being eaten, and have actually killed off every other living thing.

Perhaps it’s something to do with the sunlight being more yellow – mind you, I might just be imagining that (apart from anything else, I wouldn’t be surprised if the plants weren’t dropping chemicals in the streams, so even the water may be causing me hallucinations).

Doing anything is a real effort. It's taken me all day to type this.

I've just spent half an hour starting at a clump of plants which are growing on the ground near where I’m lying at the moment. They have fruits that look a bit like strawberries - but they're coloured orange.

I suppose having another period of hallucinations is better than dying of starvation, so I think I’m going to risk eating some. Perhaps one or two won't have too much of an effect on me.

No comments: